Jun 25, 2009 | Comments 0
Welcome to the twentieth (20th) issue of ARPTalk. Featured in ARPTalk(20) are the following five (5) articles:
- (20.1) 2009 GENERAL SYNOD: AN OVERVIEW
- (20.2) LOVE OR INDULGENCE? – During the last 40 years, has the ARP Church loved Erskine College and Seminary or INDULGED Erskine College and Seminary?
- (20.3) WEDNESDAY EVENING DEBACLE –Some delegates arrived at General Synod skeptical about concerns that have been voiced about Erskine College and Seminary. The Wednesday evening “Question and Answer” session, now known as Erskine’s “Wednesday Evening Debacle,” made it much more difficult for “Erskine right or wrong” loyalists to continue pretending that nothing is wrong in Due West. Board Chairman Mr. Chip Smith, who is completing his term of Board service, was granted a pass by the questioners, but President Randy Ruble and Executive Vice President Neely Gaston were not so fortunate, and their performances were not stellar. Their performances were a debacle!
- (20.4) WHAT DO OTHERS THINK OF THE MEETING OF GENERAL SYNOD?
- (20.4.1) Moonlight Revolution” At Erskine College Highlights Theological Divide: Annual Meeting Of Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church Could Be Dramatic Battle In Theological Wars – By Warren Cole Smith, from Evangelical Press News Service.
- (20.4.2) Looking for a miracle: If it happens at Erskine, others will want to know how – By Joel Belz, from World Magazine.
- (20.5) FACEBOOK SLANDER – Sadly, the article explains itself.
Filed Under: Newsletter