Jun 03, 2009 | Comments 0
Welcome to the nineteenth (19th) issue of ARPTalk. Featured in ARPTalk(19) are the following articles:
- (19.1) LETTERS AND NEWS
- (19.1.1) Letter from An Erskine Board Member: Rev. David Johnston – Rev. Johnston details two serious problems with the Erskine Board: (1) The Erskine Board is too large and is ineffective; and (2) The Erskine strategic plan reveals an anti-ARP Church bias.
- (19.1.2) Letter from Dr. John Wingard Explaining Why He Left Erskine –There are erroneous rumors floating around as to why Dr. Wingard left Erskine College for Covenant College. In this letter and the email that follows, Dr. Wingard puts those rumors to rest.
- (19.1.3) Letter from the Father of An Erskine Student: Mr. Robert Land–In this letter directed to the Moderator of General Synod and others, Mr. Land states his concerns for Erskine College.
- (19.1.4) VANISHING ACT! Articles Mysteriously Disappear from “Erskine Action, the ETS Blog-Site” – This is a news article by the Editor. On the Erskine blog-site last month, “Erskine Action,” Dr. Neely Gaston, Executive Vice President, ETS, stated that articles were going to be posted that explained ETS issues. Suddenly, without explanation, articles have been removed. WHY?
- (19.1.5) Did the PC(USA) Conservatives Win the Vote on Gay Ordination – This is another news articles by the Editor. The Editor’s answer to the question is NO.
- (19.2) A STRATEGY TO SAVE ERSKINE AND THE ARP CHURCH: A CALL FOR A COMMISSION – The Editor lists his reasons why the memorial from First Presbytery that calls for the formation of a Commission to deal with the problems at Erskine College and Theological Seminary should be passed.
Evangelical Erskine College students have built and opened a blog-site in order to make sure that the light of truth about Erskine College escapes the town limits of Due West. They have made a video that the readers of ARPTalk want to view—the students speak for themselves, imploring the General Synod to see to the implementation of the Erskine Mission by the Board and Administration. This is a must see for every ARP delegate to the 2009 General Synod. The name of the blog-site is SAFE,an acronym for “Students Aligned for a Faithful Erskine.” You may reach SAFE by left clicking the following site route: (http://www.studentsforerskine.com:80/).
Many of the readers of ARPTalk have asked the Editor to produce an index of articles that may be pertinent to the meeting of the 2009 General Synod. The Editor hopes that the list below is helpful. To get to an article, left click the article. The articles are tied directly to the ARPTalk blog-site.
A CHRONICLE OF THE LONG FAILURE OF GENERAL SYNOD TO OVERSEE ERSKINE COLLEGE AND SEMINARY, (1976 – 2008)
A Modest Proposal for the Reformation of Erskine Theological Seminary
An Analysis of Executive Vice-President Gaston’s Vision Statement for Erskine Theological Seminary
AN OLD VISION FOR ERSKINE
An Open Letter to the Seminary Committee
ARPTalk (Extra 5) DR. RICHARD BURNETT PUBLICLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE DOES NOT CONCUR WITH INERRANCY!
ARPTalk (Extra-1) EBK RIP
ARPTalk (EXTRA3) FACULTY “FOOD FIGHT” AT ERSKINE
ARPTalk(Extra4) MOONLIGHT REVOLUTION ON ERSKINE CAMPUS SUBSTANTIATES ARPTalk CONCERNS
At Erskine Town Hall Forum Dr. Bill Crenshaw Disputes Inerrancy and Integration of Faith and Learning
Barthianism at ETS: Things Haven’t Changed! (See ARPTalk 13, it is all about Barth)
BERKHOF ON BARTH
Do Burnett and Bush Affirm Inerrancy? No!
Erskine Students Threatened with Arrest
EVANGELICAL OR HOMOPHOBIC
Karl Barth, the PC(USA) General Assembly and the ARPC
LETTER TO THE COLLEGE OF LAODICEA, by Mr. Daniel Stephens
Love That Has Had Enough of Gradualism
NEWS FROM THE PC(USA) The sickening escapades at Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, Virginia
President Randy Ruble’s Vision Statement for Erskine College
Response to Dr. Bill Crenshaw
WHAT IS A CHRISTIAN, PRESBYTERIAN, METHODIST, LESBIAN, BUDDHIST, UNITARIAN WEDDING CEREMONY?
Filed Under: Newsletter