May 15, 2009 | Comments 0
Welcome to the sixteenth (16th) issue of ARPTalk. Featured in ARPTalk(16) are the following articles:
- (16.1) LETTERS AND NEWS
- (16.1.1) Weatherman Resigns –Dr. Don Weatherman has resigned to become President of Lyon College. Who will replace him? Will Dr. Weatherman’s successor embrace the Erskine Mission as Dr. Weatherman did?
- (16.1.2) Erskine Students Threatened with Arrest –Is there still a “culture of intimidation” at Erskine College?
- (16.1.3) At Erskine Town Hall Forum Dr. Bill Crenshaw Disputes Inerrancy and Integration of Faith and Learning – It seems that inerrancy limits Erskine in recruiting students and finding new faculty.
- (16.1.4) “Forever Connect” to What? by Erskine College senior Katie Beth Leathers (taken from the May issue of The Mirror, the student run college newspaper) – The question that is asked is this: What does the new Erskine recruiting slogan, “Forever Connected,” mean?
- (16.1.5) Letter to the Editor from a Seminary Student by Jacob Theilman, a student at Erskine Theological Seminary (taken from the May issue of The Mirror, the student run college newspaper) – Mr. Theilman is “Exhibit A” for the concerns that have been expressed by the Editor in multiple issues of ARPTalk about the presence and danger of neo-Barthians teaching at the seminary of the ARP Church.
- (16.2) CONSISTENT WITH THE PURPOSE OF THE GENERAL SYNOD? YOU DECIDE! An analysis by the Editor of salient points of “The Erskine Report” to the General Synod.
Filed Under: Newsletter